David Somekh (born 1945) is Fellow of UK Royal College of Psychiatrists since 1995. Consultant in Forensic Psychiatry: NHS 1982-1997 and 2001-2, retiring from NHS April 2001. Continues to advise courts, Parole board etc. re risk management issues in complex forensic cases, on part-time basis.
– Experience as doctor in management: clinical director for mental health, Bromley, Kent 1991-2. Clinical Director for Forensic Psychiatry, Riverside NHS Trust (West London): 1995-7.
– Four years experience in private sector 1997-2001. Chief Executive of the Forensic Psychiatry division of Westminster Healthcare plc.
– Chair of Council, Association for Quality in Healthcare (NGO charity in UK) 1995-1999. Member of Advisory Council of NICE (NHS Institute for Clinical Excellence) 1999-2003.
– Executive member of European Society for Quality in Healthcare, 1998-2009. President and Past President of ESQH 2005-9, now life fellow.
– Accredited EC Expert in Health Quality: NGO member of SANCO working group on Patient Safety and Health Quality since 2009.
– Helped establish European Health Futures Forum (EHFF) as legal entity, March 2012.
He is currently Network Director EHFF, www.ehff.eu and Convenor, EMPATHIE patient empowerment network.
– Invited member of Oxford Futures Forum meeting 2011
– Member of Foresight Analysts Network, UK since 2010
– Member of Health 2.0 London